Saturday, June 23, 2012

I met this girl named Corinna, she and I were talking about what we look for in people that we would consider as a future husband or wife. She said to me that she would not want to be with someone who already has kids because she wants to be the most important person in her husbands heart and she felt that if he already had kids with someone else that she would not be able to be that most important person.  At the time that seemed like an odd idea that was obviously from someone who has not had kids. I thought this because the love I have for my kids is completely different than the love I felt for my ex-wife. However I felt like it was something that would already be difficult to explain to someone who's first language is English, let alone someone who speaks English as a second language. So I just left it alone and took it as her giving the hint that "I think your nice and would like to be friends with you, but I'm not interested in going any further than that."


 Now that I've had a week to chew on that, I think she might be right.  Right now the number one lady in my life is most definitely my daughter Chloe. I love her more than words can say and think about her all the time.  So I wonder, is Corinna right? If I am fortunate enough to ever have another wife will she be number one in my heart next to my kiddos? or will she be the second most loved woman in my life. I don't know the answer to that. What I do know is that I don't want to be with someone who would be jealous of my kids, I want someone that would love me enough to know that the best way that they could show me that they love me is to love and want the best for what is most important in my life. That will always be my precious children, Chloe and Carson.

No comments: