Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

There are a few things from this weekend that are sticking with me.
First thing is a few lbs. I ate really good this weekend thanks to my awesome friends Brandi and Wayne McCune. Wayne got up well before the sun did and started smoking a turkey and it was delicious. Brandi cooked lots of your other traditional thanksgiving foods including a way too tasty chocolate peanut butter cheesecake. Also I was introduced to an old favorite of mine that I had never had on turkey day before, cheesy macaroni and cheese! apparently it's a staple down south, who knew? 
Later that night I got a ride home from a friend who I don't know real well but has always seemed like a very thoughtful and selfless person.  On the ride home we talked about what I have been going through since last year at thanksgiving and she shared some of her past as well. She told me about how when she was married, her family that she married into did not like or support her at all.  I felt thankful for the family that I married into, some of whom I still communicate with on Facebook and occasionally on Skype. They have let me know in words and deed that no matter what happens I will always be part of their family and for that I am very thankful.            

No comments: