Sunday, August 14, 2011

Notes on Fear

How to get rid of FEAR:
three antidotes to fear :truth, love, faith

FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real

There are 365 "fear nots" in the Bible

WHEN YOUR WORLD FALLS APART
The Invisible War – Part 7
Rick Warren
August 13-14, 2011

JEREMIAH’S LAMENTATION AGAINST GOD
1. ______unload all my frustration on God___________________________________________
“I am a man who has seen affliction, by the rod of his wrath. He has driven me away and made me walk in darkness

rather than light; he has turned his hand against me again and again, all day long. He has made my skin grow old

and broken my bones. He has surrounded me with bitterness and hardship. He has made me dwell in darkness like the

dead. He has walled me in so I cannot escape; he has weighed me down with chains. Even when I call out or cry for

help, he shuts out my prayer. He has barred my way with blocks of stone; he has made my paths crooked.”
Lamentation 3:1-10 (NIV)

2. _turn my focus from my pain to God's love__________________________________________________
“The thought of my pain and my homelessness is bitter poison. I think of it constantly, and my spirit is depressed.

Yet hope returns when I remem- ber this one thing: The Lord's unfailing love and mercy still continue, fresh as the

morning, as sure as the sunrise. The Lord is all I have, so in him I put my hope.”
Lamentation 3:19-26 (TEV)

“The Lord is merciful and will not reject us forever. He may bring us sorrow, but his love for us is sure and

strong. He takes no pleasure in causing us grief or pain.”
Lamentation 3:31-33 (TEV)

3. _____get alone with God and wait!

______________________________________________
“When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence bow in prayer. Don’t ask questions.

Wait for hope to appear.”
Lamentation 3:28-29 (Mes)

“The Lord is good to everyone who trusts in him, so it is best for us to wait in patience—to wait for him to save

us.”
Lamentation 3:25-26 (TEV)

4. __Change the things I can change_______________________________________________
“Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord.”
Lamentation 3:40 (NIV)


5. _______Ask God to relieve my fears__________________________________________
“My enemies threw me into a pit and dropped stones on me. The water flowed above my head, and I cried out, ‘This is

the end!’ But I called on your name, Lord, from deep within the well, and you heard me! You listened to my

pleading; you heard my weeping! Yes, you came at my despairing cry and told me, ‘Do not fear!’”
Lamentation 3:53-57 (NLT)

6. expect Jesus to resore my life _________________________________________________

“Restore us, O Lord, and bring us back to you again! Give us back the joys we once had!”
Lamentation 5:21 (NLT)